3RW40 for Standard Applications
SIRIUS 3RW40 is the star among our standard soft starters. Thanks to its innovative control method, it is not just the only 2-phase-controlled soft starter in the world for use in the power range up to 250 kW (at 400V) – respectively 300 hp (at 460V) – because of its especially compact design, it ensures a space-saving, clear layout in the control cabinet. It is therefore more than a mere functionally expanded addition to our 2-phase-controlled series of SIRIUS 3RW30/31 soft starters.
The new 3RW40 soft starters in the lower power range from 5.5 – 55 kW (with 400 V) in sizes S0 to S3 expand the performance spectrum of the 3RW40 soft starters. They represent the compact and price-attractive alternative to start-delta starters.
- Uniform connecting system with screw or spring-loaded terminals
- Space-saving, clear layout in the control cabinet thanks to small, compact design
- Integrated bridging (bypass)
- Inherent protection and protection against motor overload without additional wiring
- Optional thermistor motor protection
- Avoidance of peak inrush current thanks to adjustable current limitation
- Simple and fast commissioning
- Certified according to ATEX standards with sizes S0 – S12