In our SIMOTION D axis control system, the SIMOTION functions are directly integrated into the control module of the SINAMICS S120 drive system. The advantage of our drive-based motion control system is that it makes the overall system — consisting of the control and drive —significantly more compact and responsive.
In addition, our innovative multi axis control system offers a high degree of scalability and flexibility in either a single-axle or multi-axis control system and with a range of versions for diverse applications.
- Significant cost savings through integration of motion control, technology and PLC functions directly into the drive
- Compact design for reduced control cabinet volume
- Particularly quick response as there are no interfaces
Typical areas of application
Simotion D is recommended in any application where the following requirements for multi axis control apply.
- Compact machines
- Decentralized automation concepts, particularly for machines with a large number of axes
- Modular machines – also as an addition to SIMOTION P or SIMOTION C
- Time-critical applications for coupled axes