Vario series Ex nA
The Vario Ex nA series has a welded steel enclosure for the highest degree of variability and versatility. Flange rings at the ends of the enclosure increase the torsional stiffness and ensure a vibration-proof mechanical design. The steel version allows various bearing concepts, dimensions can be adapted and a wide range of instruments can be mounted. The surface cooling using flat ribs combined with a defined inner cooling circuit with shaft-mounted fan inside the motor ensure optimum motor utilization. The copper bar rotors used as standard allow the starting and operating parameters to be optimized for each and every application.
- Also available for exceptional requirements – such as dust explosion protection.
- Corrosion protection using special paint finishes according to the manufacturer’s standard or customer’s specification.
- The motors are available as special version for polar regions down to -40 °C (without pre-heating of the motor) or desert regions up to +60 °C.
- When required, vertical motors can also be equipped with thrust bearings for high axial and radial loads.
- Wide range of connection systems for large cable cross-sections, high short-circuit strength or phase-segregated version.
- Optimized starting and operating parameters and high efficiency by using copper bar rotors as standard.
- With water jacket cooling IC71W up to 60 % higher power density – compact and low noise. Admirably suited for converter operation with constant load torque.
- Complies with almost all of the user requirements and specifications (no deviation philosophy)
- Engineered based on international standards (ATEX, NEPSI, GOST-R certified)
- High level of acceptance in the various sectors. For instance, Shell and DOW recommend these motors
- Complete project documentation guarantees minimum planning costs
- High degree of cost effectiveness and low operating costs as a result of the optimum electrical and mechanical values
- High degree of variability and versatility using a welded steel enclosure (to adapt the dimensions, mounted components)
- Up to 11 kV, pre-purging not necessary with proof according to risk assessment EN 60079-15
Typical areas of application
Used in Ex-Zone 2 for: