PLC SIMATIC S7-300
Powerful, compact and cost-effective
The SIMATIC S7-300 universal controller saves on installation space and features a modular design. A wide range of modules can be used to expand the system centrally or to create decentralized structures according to the task at hand, and facilitates a cost-effective stock of spare parts. With its impressive array of innovations, the SIMATIC S7-300 universal controller is an integrated system that will save you additional investment and maintenance costs.
A graded CPU range with a wide performance range is available for configuring the controller.
The product range comprises 7 standard CPUs,
7 compact CPUs, 5 fail-safe CPUs and 3 technology CPUs.
The CPUs are available from a width of only 40 mm
SIMATIC S7-300 is within Totally Integrated Automation the most sold Controller.
Typical areas of application
- In the first instance SIMATIC S7-300 is used for innovative system solutions in manufacturing technology, especially for automobile industry, mechanical engineering in general and especially for special machine building and serial production of machines (OEM), at plastics processing, packaging industry, food and beverage industry and process engineering
- As an all-purpose automation system is S7-300 the ideal solution for applications, which need a flexible concept for central as well as local configuration
- For applications, which require a especial robustness because of surrounding conditions, we have the SIPLUS extreme devices
Particularly in the finishing technique the S7-300 is used in the following industries:
- Automobile industry
- General mechanical engineering
- Building of special machines
- Series mechanical engineering, OEM
- Plastics processing
- Packaging industry
- Food and Beverage industry
- Process engineering
- Fast counting/fairs with direct access on the hardware counters
- Simply positioning with direct control the MICROMASTER frequency static frequency changers
- PID-Regulation with integrated functional module
- Thanks to their high processing speed, the CPUs enable short machine cycle times.
- The S7-300’s range of CPUs provides the right solution for every application, and customers only pay for the performance actually required for a specific task
- The S7-300 can be set up in a modular configuration without the need for slot rules for I/O modules
- There is a wide range of modules available both for the centralized and the distributed configuration with ET 200M.
- Integral PROFINET interfaces enable simple networking of the controllers, and simple data exchange with the operations management level
- The narrow module width results in a compact controller design or a small control cabinet.
- The ability to integrate powerful CPUs with Industrial Ethernet/PROFINET interface, integrated technological functions, or fail-safe designs make additional investments unnecessary.